If you work in or run an office, you probably know how filthy it can get in just a short amount of time. Even if it’s enclosed and kept comfortable with a n air conditioner, filth, dirt, and grime can make its way inside as people walk in and out of your door. What makes it worse is that, because an office is often an enclosed area, dirt that gets in won’t get out – unless you undergo an office cleaning. There are lots of benefits to office cleaning aside from getting rid of dirt and dust.
Wondering why you should get your office cleaned? Read on to find out.
Benefits of Getting an Office Cleaning
- Employee Health and Safety – This has to be among the biggest considerations when having your office cleaned. The dirt, filth, dust, and grime that could accumulate in and around your workspace could be the cause of many different health and safety problems that could plague your workers. The last thing you’ll want is to pay for a worker’s illness or injuries, all because you didn’t take the time to clean your workspace. That said, office cleaning proves to be an inexpensive and effective way to eliminate the chances of work related injuries and illnesses for a happy and healthy work environment.
- Increased Productivity – When you leave your employees to work in an office space that’s less than pleasing, you can expect their productivity to take a toll. Not only does a poorly maintained workspace leave them feeling unmotivated, this can also hinder some of their functions, especially when essential office tools and equipment are left poorly maintained and filthy. Cleaning your office space and the items therein could prove to be an effective way to motivate workers by providing them a space that encourages them to work.
- Better Image – What do you want your clients and customers to see when they walk into your office? Not rubbish, that’s for sure. If you leave your office space to accumulate filth and dirt over time,it might set the wrong impression for your consumer base. Keeping it neat, tidy, and clean gives off the image that you’re a reputable business worth transacting with. This won’t only make prospects more likely to trust in you, but will also make it possible for you to secure more sales in the long run.
Every business needs to hire an office cleaning company. But the exact needs are not always identical. Given the nature of the business, the size of the premises, the kind of furniture and upholstery as well as machines or appliances that are there, the personal preferences of the business owner along with the kind of traffic the property handles every day will determine the exact needs that the office cleaning company must attend to. Running a random online search or getting a few references from friends and fellow business owners wouldn’t always be of much help. One must delve into the details and accordingly hire an office cleaning company.
The specific needs must be the topmost priorities, not what is generally considered as best practices or standards in the office cleaning industry. Here are some questions that you should ask an office cleaning company to derive the most relevant service.
- Start with the cleaning schedules. There are commercial properties that must be cleaned twice or thrice a day. There are areas that don’t require daily cleaning. Then there are areas that do well with once a month cleaning. If you need a particular premise to be cleaned once a day, you don’t need cleaners to attend to the property round the clock. If you need round the clock service then you cannot hire an office cleaning company that doesn’t have the manpower or resources to offer the same. You should decide what kind of office cleaning schedule you need and not unnecessarily pay more.
- Enquire about the various office cleaning methods that a company would use. It is not necessary that every office cleaning company would use the same quality or brand of materials. You may have certain preferences. Certain supplies will cost more and that would inevitably reflect in the costs you would bear for office cleaning. Get into the details so you can make a pragmatic assessment of the quotes and accordingly choose the most reasonable as well as relevant office cleaning company.
- You may have certain types of machines or appliances that would need special care. You may need carpet cleaning, the flooring materials may not be exactly the same as other premises in your area and there can be many such distinct attributes in your office or building that the cleaning company must specialize in. Do not consider an office cleaning company that is not already catering to a property exactly like yours, with challenges identical as yours.
Every company specialising in industrial cleaning in Manchester would offer you an annual maintenance contract. You may consider it or discard it. You may sign up straightaway. You may wonder that it is solely in the interest of the cleaning company to have an annual contract and secure a client for a whole year. Indeed, it is a rewarding proposition for cleaning companies but you are also benefited in the process. There are some obvious advantages of an AMC for industrial cleaning in Manchester and there are some shortcomings as well. Let us focus on the pros and cons to help you choose what is best for you.
Pros of an AMC for Industrial Cleaning in Manchester
- You wouldn’t have to worry about the upkeep of your premises. The company will have a schedule, it would be proactive with the cleaning and whenever there is an emergency it would be the company
attending to the nitty-gritty. You would in a way have a hands-off approach. The cleaning company would be completely accountable for the cleanliness, hygiene and proper upkeep of your property. You can always amend the cleaning schedules, have your preferences known and review the job done from time to time. You don’t forego any such rights.
- You would be spending less on industrial cleaning in Manchester if you have an annual maintenance contract. Whenever you sign any kind of long term deal, you would be paying much less than the cost of standalone sessions multiplied by the number of sessions you hire the cleaner for. While you would be committing to have the same cleaner get the job done for the whole year and perhaps longer, you would have the financial rewards of the same.
- Annual maintenance contracts often factor in special costs, be it cleaning materials or maintenance and general upkeep. When you hire a company randomly for industrial cleaning in Manchester, they may not have anything to do with maintenance, upkeep or restoration. They would just clean and if something is damaged in the process, you cannot hold them accountable.
Cons of an AMC for Industrial Cleaning in Manchester
- You may or may not need a perennial cleaning service. Not every company requires scheduled industrial cleaning in Manchester so in that case you would be unnecessarily paying a lump sum charge.
- There are safeguards in place that would prevent you from firing the company or terminating the contract. This may not be ideal for every company looking for industrial cleaning in Manchester.
There is no fixed timeline of when you should clean carpets. The traffic and use will determine how often you need your carpets or rugs to be subjected to industrial cleaning in Manchester. For offices and commercial premises that don’t get subjected to too much foot traffic or are in relatively confined and environment controlled settings, carpets don’t even need daily vacuuming. Daily vacuuming can clean your carpet and get rid of dirt and dust but it would also damage the carpet. Weekly vacuuming may be a better alternative. However, that is not an option when you have a very busy area. Commercial premises that deal with hundreds of people every day will need daily vacuuming.
Beyond vacuuming, you need industrial cleaning in Manchester. It might be using commercial carpet shampoos, a wet method or a dry cleaning method. That choice depends on you along with the infrastructure and expertise of the office cleaning company you have hired in Manchester.
As far as elaborate cleaning or industrial cleaning is concerned, you should consider a yearly exercise or a seasonal schedule. If your carpets get dirty very quickly due to excessive use then you may look at a quarterly schedule. Industrial cleaning in Manchester will ensure better hygiene, will retain the splendor of the carpets and can undo the damage caused. It would be a little costlier than usual vacuuming. But it is worthwhile and also necessary. There are best practices of cleaning and maintenance of carpets that the daily or weekly cleaners should adhere to. After that, you must get an expert to wash, clean and dry and even disinfect your carpets.
A spotless clean carpet that smells nice, remains as good as new for years and the luxury to avoid the exhaustive task of cleaning carpets are good enough reasons to hire a professional today. More importantly, with clean and fresh carpets you would have a better ambience and setting in your office or commercial property. You don’t want carpets being a thriving ground for microbes which would spread diseases or cause ailments. You don’t want particulate matter being circulated within an enclosed room or space which would again settle down on the carpet and be re-circulated every time the air conditioner, ventilation or heating is turned on. You don’t want stale carpets, discolored rugs or water damaged fabrics. To counter all these, you should opt for industrial cleaning in Manchester today.
You would need the carpets or rugs in your office to be cleaned at the right time, not too soon and not too late. You will need to hire a cleaning company that also specialises in cleaning carpets.
Timely Cleaning of Carpets
An office cleaning company usually cleans every space from the lobby to the washrooms, the wall cabinets to the workstations, the glass windows to the upholstery of the furniture. The office cleaning company will also clean the rugs and carpets but only using a vacuum cleaner.
Office carpets or rugs in commercial properties like stores or malls will require daily vacuuming. Carpets in offices that are not accessible to customers and thus get exposed to a certain standard or consistent traffic will require weekly or biweekly cleaning. Regardless of vacuuming and the frequency, carpets need to be thoroughly cleaned. They may be cleaned while being installed or they may be uninstalled and cleaned offsite.
The kind of cleaning your carpets need will be determined by the material it is made of, the level of stains and dirt it has been mired with, the general quality or condition of the carpet and how well you want to have it cleaned. The fine fabrics of carpets get suppressed over time. The fluffiness and comfort would be gone. Carpets shrink and lose their texture over time and the longer you take to clean and preserve them, the more damaged your carpet would be. Other than the normal wearing, carpets would lose their splendor and they would get stained and will also suffer damages due to moisture. More importantly, carpets can be a thriving ground for microbes and particulate matter. Normal dust and dirt would be the least of your concern. Pollutants and microbes would mak
e your carpet a harbinger of ailments and would thus threaten the safety and wellbeing of everyone who is exposed to the carpet. Carpets in offices would pose a risk to everyone using that space.
Expert Cleaning of Carpets
An office cleaning company that also specialises in cleaning carpets will offer you a choice. Carpets can be cleaned with commercial shampoos. There are wet and dry cleaning methods. There are machines using steam to clean carpets. Natural air drying and treating carpets under sunlight are also quite common but they are combined with one of the aforementioned methods. Choose a method that suits your needs but do not hire an office cleaning company that would be confined to just vacuuming your carpet.
Skip bins come in handy when you are trying to rid your property of garbage or old furniture items that you wish to dispose of or when you are cleaning at an industrial setting. When you are starting a spring cleaning project and begin industrial cleaning, these types of bins can be the easiest way for you to remove unwanted items in the most efficient manner. It is important that you are aware of the most helpful loading tips before you start placing items within the bins to ensure that you maximize the amount of space that is available and are fully aware of the types of items that can be loaded into a skip bin without additional fees being assessed.
It is always a god idea for you to reserve the bottom of the skip bin for all items that are flat. This means that you can lay down a table into the bottom of the skip bin flat with the legs up in the air. All flat items can be stacked on top of each other and allow you to pack things more closely. Make sure that the heaviest items are the ones that you load first. If you have a refrigerator that you want to dispose of, you should lay it flat at the bottom of the skip bin and pile the rest of the items around it.
It is also a good idea for you to crush up or break down any items that are not solid. If it is possible to get an item into a more compact form, you should do so before you add it to the skip bin. When you are crushing up items and packing them into the skip bin, you want to make sure that you leave as little air space as possible. Open air space is just wasted space, so the goal is to pack items as closely as possible with no space in between. Using a hammer or another type of tool to break furniture items can be a great idea before you place them in the skip bin.
and now for the most important part of industrial cleaning..
If you are cleaning out your garage and looking to get rid of old paint cans, you need to make sure that you do not pack wet paint cans into a skip bin. The paint cans that you add need to be solidified beforehand. It is possible for you to solidify the wet paint on your own by adding a paint hardener to the wet paint. You can then load the solid paint cans to the bottom of the skip bin in a flat layer.
Your office furniture, industrial fixtures and all kinds of upholstery will only look pleasing if you get some experts to cater to your industrial cleaning needs from time to time. The furniture and their upholsteries, the carpets, the floors and the various other fixtures must be spotlessly clean and should look as good and fresh as new.
Over a period of time, you would have stained, dirty, darkened and worn out upholstery that would always make a place look bland. Furniture would look unhealthy, curtains or drapes will look tired and old, all other types of upholsteries you have in your office will have a very undesirable impact on your décor. Worse, the setting will become less conducive for optimum productivity. No one likes to work in a dirty workplace.
You should always indulge in timely industrial cleaning. Timely industrial cleaning will ensure that you don’t have to deal with damaged furniture or fabrics or any other graver problem. Why should you want to invest in new upholstery or furniture which will cost much more when you can ensure that the fabrics are taken care of with thorough cleaning? Waiting for too long will not only affect the cleanliness of furniture and upholsteries but their longevity would be put to test as well.
Timely industrial cleaning will ensure that your furniture and fixtures are taken care of to be at their functional best. Damaged fabrics or degrading materials have an impact on the furniture and fixtures. Don’t allow damp, unclean and stained furniture, upholstery and other fixtures to affect your work in an adverse way.
It requires expertise, knowledge and resources. If you wish to attend to industrial cleaning without any professional help, then you should know how each different piece should be cleaned and maintained. It is difficult because unless you know what cleaning method should be used and what kind of agents would be good for a specific fabric or material, then you may end up damaging it. You certainly don’t want to do that. This makes professional industrial cleaning imperative.
Also, industrial cleaning is not the forte of your business or your professional and personal expertise. It is best to leave complicated tasks for the experts to manage when you should focus on the core elements of your business. That is a win-win for you as the business owner and you get to bestow responsibility on the industrial cleaning company should you be disappointed with the outcome.
As a company, you would want impeccable office cleaning in Manchester. You may have cleaning staff on your payroll or you may outsource the job to a local contractor. The choice is yours and you would obviously do the math along with the assessment of convenience by comparing the two options. The objective is to have a clean office, which is always well maintained and if there is any emergency then the staff or the contractor would always be on standby. Also, you shouldn’t have to spend a small fortune on office cleaning in Manchester.
Here are some quintessential requisites for impeccable office cleaning in Manchester.
- Gone are those days when you would use toxic chemicals or harsh cleaning agents. Whether it is the washroom or the lobby, the executive cabins or the boardrooms, no harsh or toxic cleaning agent should be used for office cleaning in Manchester. Eco friendly, herbal and all natural cleaning agents are widely available today. There were and still are two perceptions about these green remedies. People think that they are expensive. That is not true. Many people think that they are less effective because they aren’t as potent as the toxic chemicals. That is again not true. Herbal remedies are actually better because they clean just as well at the same price range without causing any damage to the floors, furniture, fixtures or the various structures that need to be cleaned. More importantly, you would not have to deal with to toxic fumes that are unavoidable with chemicals or harsh cleaning agents.
- Timing is of essence when you schedule office cleaning in Manchester. You shouldn’t have to walk into a dirty office or one that is just being cleaned. The cleaning should be timely planned so just before all your staff walk in or walk out, the cleaners must get to work. The washroom will have to be attended to from time to time, the lobbies will need frequent cleaning if there is sufficient foot traffic and emergency spills or piling up waste would call for immediate and frequent cleaning but other than that all cleaning tasks should be planned when the office is not in operation. It could be through the night or just after all the staffs leave the premises.
- Don’t just hire someone at random and don’t hire a random contractor. You don’t want your hardwood conference room table to be damaged due to poor cleaning methods. You don’t want slippery floors in the washroom or stained floors in the foyer. Impeccable office cleaning in Manchester calls for expertise.
In terms of industrial cleaning Manchester, there are several things you are going to want to keep in mind. After all, we’re talking about your time, your business, and your energy. These are not things you want to take lightly, particularly when it comes to meeting the various industrial cleaning challenges that are associated with your business.
The first thing you should understand is that when it comes to industrial cleaning Manchester, you have options. The challenge is to find a company that is going to be adept at addressing your needs. There are a few additional considerations that you are going to want to take to heart.
Finding Your Industrial Cleaning Manchester Company
In the first place, you are going to want to ask yourself the following: Do you want to hire a commercial cleaning company, or do you want to hire an industrial cleaning company? You can also opt for a company that has experience in both of these arenas.
This is not the only question you are going to want to ask yourself. You can also consider the potential value of hiring an in-house cleaning company to handle everything throughout the year. This comes with the obvious benefit of having a separate entity within your company that is devoted to nothing but cleaning and maintenance. At the same time, this can prove to be a costly venture. Furthermore, it puts more responsibility in your lap. If you are the kind of business owner who is eager to cut through as much static as possible, in order to focus on more important things, in-house industrial cleaning Manchester services might not be your best bet. At the same time, there is something to be said for having that element of control over those who handle your cleaning. You can still have this control with an established company that you hire, but it may not be exactly what you had in mind.
Hiring a company is more often than not your best bet. You have a company that will be equipped to deal with the issues of the moment. You can also find a company that is used to being given instructions, and then being left to take care of the work. You can also opt for a company that brings professional, the best equipment possible, and everything else you’re going to need in the way of reliable industrial c leaning Manchester services. The choice is yours to make, in the end.
There are innumerable companies specializing in office cleaning in Manchester. Not every company has the same expertise and is certainly not identical with its terms of service. The profiles would be different, the quotes would vary, the resources and manpower the companies would allocate for your office cleaning in Manchester would also depend on the policy of a particular company. You cannot generalize all office cleaning companies. Hence, you cannot arrive at a quick inference of hiring a particular company without conducting a holistic assessment.
Here is a checklist that would help you to hire the best company for office cleaning in Manchester.
- Do not hire a company at random without much research, homework and background check. The commercial cleaning industry is very competitive. It is regularized but only to an extent. Typically, cleaners are minimum wage earners so you cannot expect them to be extremely knowledgeable or a phenomenal specialist in cleaning. Most companies will impart a short training, some hands-on guidance and will let the cleaners work on their own. Unless you know enough about a company and its cleaners, you wouldn’t be making the right choice for your office cleaning in Manchester.
- Always look for references and then get the feedback of the existing or former clientele of a cleaning company. References would be the best endorsement or the worst critique. You will get the real picture. No matter what kind of promises are made to you, how cheap a quote you have got and how well you perceive a company to be, you should hear it from those who have actually seen the cleaners of a company working and know the quality of their work.
- Focus on the terms of services. Hidden in the fine print are clauses that can work in your favor or in some cases against your interests. You need to be certain that you understand the clauses and that you agree to move ahead with all the terms of services. Should you be short of being content, negotiate and discuss your
needs, rework the clauses and only then should you sign on the dotted lines.
- Always have a review timeline in place. Do not agree to sign annual contracts before you know that a company is the right choice for your office cleaning in Manchester. However, when you are sure, opt for an annual contract as that would save you some money.